Founded in 1985, the Association for Education and Ageing (AEA) is an international membership organisation, open to all. Its aims are to advance knowledge about learning in later life, to improve practice in the teaching and learning of older people and to contribute to the development of national and international policy. Through AEA, older people, professionals, volunteers, academics, researchers, teachers and policy-makers can work together to improve learning opportunities for older people.
Join the AEA during AEA’s 30th anniversary year in 2015
There has never been a better time to join AEA. What are the benefits of becoming a member this year?
- 3 free copies per year of AEA’s Digest of news, views and reviews concerned with learning in later life
- Discount on an annual subscription to the International Journal of Education and Ageing
- Free attendance at “Celebrating AEA” meeting and annual Glendenning memorial lecture by Professor Sheila Peace on Changes in perceptions of ageing over the last 30 years: what happened to educational gerontology? at the Open University, Milton Keynes, September 23, 2015
- Discounted attendance at AEA International conference Learning in Later Life: Theory, Policy and Practice, Open University, Milton Keynes, April 5 – 7, 2016
- Opportunity for priority discounted purchase in early 2016 of two new AEA publications: Later-Life Learning: a review of the literature 2000-2015 and Raising the Consciousness”: the Glendenning lectures on Later–Life Learning 2003 – 2015.
- Opportunities to participate in the outcomes and dissemination of three European-funded Projects on learning in later life (just ending in 2015) in which AEA has had a leading role: Memory and Learning in Later Life; Wellbeing and Learning in Later Life and ForAge for later-life learning: building on European experience
Follow us on: Facebook www.facebook.com/EducationandAgeing ; Twitter @AssocEduAgeing;
The AEA is a UK registered educational charity (No. 1050439)
Baroness Sally Greengross, OBE; Professor Arthur Stock, OBE